St Richard’s Hospital, Chichester
Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust
Baqus has been continually appointed since 1998 to undertake the phased redevelopment of St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester, West Sussex consisting of an ongoing programme of complex upgrades and refurbishment projects.
The redevelopment was carried out in 12 phases and included the replacement of Clinical Accommodation, an extension to the Outpatients Department, a Diabetic Day Care Centre, Pneumatic Conveyor Installation and improvements to the works Department Offices.
Baqus was then reappointed as Sole Consultants for several further projects including the Accident and Emergency Department, the Private Patient’s wing, Chichester Medical Education Centre, Medical Imaging Department, Hospital Laundry Complex, Fernhurst Cancer Centre and the Diagnostic and Treatment Centre. We have also worked as the Client’s Advisor on two proposed PFI developments.
Recent schemes include the alternations and refurbishment of Stillman House, upgrade and reconfiguration of the Women and Children’s block, extension for the Hyperbaric Medicine Unit and the upgrading of existing medical units in the Departmental Block.
For the same Client we were appointed for the redevelopment of Worthing Hospital with the commissioning of schemes for the Endoscopy Ward and some new catering facilities.
- Emergency Department - Newham University Hospital
- The Boulevard Medical Centre, Halifax
- Craigleith Extra Care Home, Bournemouth
- St Richard’s Hospital, Chichester
- Newham University Hospital Ward Refurbishments
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital NHS Trust, Lane Fox Unit
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Trust, Perinatal and Fertility Clinics
- Alpha Hospitals at Bury, Sheffield and Woking